Elements: Zippers is a collection of zipper sounds recorded and edited by George Vlad. The first in the Elements series, the library covers the 3 main types of zippers: coil, plastic and metal. 22 different zippers on 19 objects (backpacks, coats, jeans, toiletry bags, wallets etc.) have been recorded, edited and carefully tagged with metadata. Most of the zippers feature 4 types of performance: slow zips, normal speed zips, fast zips and short fast zips.
The library's most obvious use is as Foley elements since it covers a wide variety of zipper types and performances. However, some the recordings sound quite unlike actual zippers and more like creatures, gears or even farts! Additionally, all files are recorded and mastered at 24/96 quality which makes them excellent sound design elements ripe for serious processing.
At a glance:
- 83 .wav files ranging from 12 seconds to 2 minutes; more than 1000 sounds in total
- recorded and presented as 24 bit/96 kHz mono files
- 1 hour and 12 minutes total length
- 1.19 GB uncompressed size - 510 MB zip archive
- recorded on Sound Devices 633 with Sennheiser MKH 416 and MKH 8040 microphones
- comprehensive metadata compatible with Basehead and Soundminer